Ilocos Sur National High School
Vigan City
July 3, 2012
Dear Mr. President,
I've been wanting to write to you for a long time. Just so you know, I am a loyal citizen of your country, a young one. I am just one of the fourth-year students of Ilocos Sur National High School who are wanting his or her country to be undergoing development. I highly respect that you are the one who has been chosen to lead the country of us, Filipinos, but honestly I don't like you at all. Sorry for telling you this Mr. President but I don't think you are capable enough to be at your position. Don't question me for what I am about to tell you because I know that even though you are a highly respected person, you still deserve to be criticized. I have no intention to hurt your feelings by my letter but I just want you to know what I think about your administration. Sorry for this, but frankly, I just need to tell you the truth.
What were you thinking when you developed that "K+12" program? Haven't you came to think of its effects towards your people? We all know the fact that there is a bigger percentage of poor families than rich ones. What I am trying to say is that in this program of yours, the betterment of education is not only what is talked about but also the current state of living in this country. Don't the country need to be improved first before opening the project? I think that "K+12" of yours will be just a burden to the children's education and will not last long. Even what they say that a student who might finish the twelfth grade can get a job, cannot be proven because the government will not be able to give him or her a proper job. Many jobs must be developed first for the sake of better living for your people, isn't it? Why don't you make projects that can really help in the betterment of your country? Also get over with that "World Peace" thing or whatsoever that you are promoting because I think it is not very useful. Is it the reason why you keep visiting countries or you just want to travel the world for fun. Is it even true that our country belongs to the top five improved countries in peacefulness? Can't the menace to our society not visible enough? I think that that honor is just a lie because peacefulness is not yet apparent to our country. There are lots of projects that can contribute richly to us, why don't you try to recognize them?
You might be thinking that I am too confused to be telling all this to you, or that I am to young to understand the condition of the civilization. The only purpose of this letter is to wake you up by informing you the circumstances. I am not just exaggerating about everything that I am saying in this note, just so you know, because what I am telling you is my own opinion. Again I am sorry for I might have caused you a slight pinch , but Mr. President, I want to see change in our country.
Very Respectfully Yours,
Hannah Gem Vitamog


No comments:
Post a Comment