Saturday, August 4, 2012

I Am Still NOT Convinced!


                  The third State of the Nation Address of President Benigno Aquino as done on the 23rd day of July was said to be his best by many Filipino citizens. By listening to this speech of the President, many Filipino got their hearts somehow caught and enlightened. They witnessed the act and suddenly, praised for the speaker. Through the said speech, the once “haters”, now become “fans”. The President's SONA has indeed changed the insight of his country. However, few have the opposite verdict, still. One of these “few”, in fact is I.
                
                Though I don’t have the same opinion about PNOY’s SONA, I may not still be considered as one of them, the “haters”. I am just as concerned as a citizen is for his own country. I am longing for the country to strive, like every citizen does and for I have the right to speak out my thoughts, I have also the responsibility to help in just simple ways: that is, to share my understanding, to criticize and to give suggestions. Because the SONA was taken place during our class hours, I missed listening to its full structure. As partial to knowing what the President has been making himself busy of, I have read and understand his full SONA with the aid of the Internet.
               
                 Finally now, I understand why PNOY had gained more trust from the countrymen. In my opinion, PNOY had concentrated too much in letting them know the “great” things he has done. He has therefore forgotten to say something about the “failures” of his administration. I agree and believe some when they say that he has done many things for the country, but the fact is, I don’t believe much that these can remain stable in the case that these “projects” of him are almost the same as GMA’s. What I am trying to say is that if GMA’s projects didn’t last long, how come PNOY’s can remain? It seemed as if PNOY has concentrated himself to conflicting with corruption.
               
                For me, it would have been better if he has told ALL about his administration even though most are not so good enough and stated how he would try and change them. It wasn’t enough to just say what had been great. PNOY would have earned more trust if he could have done his promises keeping them always on his sight. I mean, if he is doing a project he must need to watch for it all the time.
                
                Frankly, I wasn’t yet convinced. I would like to see further improvement in the country. Perhaps PNOY needs to act more about it. Though I didn’t like his SONA, I still think it improved a little. I need not to shout out my opinion for I know some of you, readers have understood it. All that I am hoping now is for the country to grow up and to be developed.



No comments:

Post a Comment